Monday, June 13, 2016

High Ropes

On Friday the 3rd all the year 8s went to the Groynes in Christchurch. High ropes is one of the activities in the WPCA challenge.

I had Emma and Jess in my car. When we pulled into the Groynes we had a bit of trouble trying to fund the High ropes course area. We drove in and followed Pip Bartlett. We ended up going right past the turn off. When we got to the roundabout we turned around and eventually found the entrance.

The flying Kiwi!

"Are you ready team?"

"Are you ready kiwi?"
"Yes"

Sprinting, sprinting, sprinting, FLYING!
The breath was sucked out of my lungs, I flew up, round and round. Gravity. Gravity no longer existed. I hang there, suspended in mid air. No one could get me now. I was invincible! Swinging back and forward, I looked down.

A hundred feet down Miss Hanna was relaxing on her soft and comfy rug. She was waving her arms up and down. This was when I thought I had lost it. I hang there, hopelessly trying to snap myself out of my day dream. Then. Suddenly, I realised. My arms were spread out wide, like a hawk gliding through the night sky. Laughing to myself, I realised that Miss Hanna was just coping me!

The air blew on my face as I was lowered slowly to the ground. I stood there, standing on solid ground and a huge smile on my face!

1 comment: