Monday, February 29, 2016

Community Service

On Saturday the 20th I arrive at school at 3:00pm (I missed the bell, oh no!)
I was helping set up for the Summer Sounds Concert.

I saw Derrin helping move some tables so I went over and helped her. Then we helped put up the 2 gazebos. They were really confusing! "Pull this one up, no the other one, yes that one." Eventually we managed to put both of them up safely.


Then we were off to blow all the balloon swords, hammer and guitars. Derrin was amazing at blowing up the the hammers. She had done about 8 when the rest of us were struggling and had blowing up about 3 maybe 4. Mr Priddy came in and we asked if the school had powered pump, but no they supposedly didn't. Derrin's mum then offered to go back to there house and try and find a pump that you press your foot on to the pad to work it. We kept blowing and blowing into these balloons and then take our mouths off them to tie them up and all the air would rush out! Derrin's mum came back with the pump. One of us would use it and the others would have the hard job of blowing them up by mouth. Mum rung Dad and asked him to bring our big pump.Then Cath came in and told us that there was an electric pump in the old staff room. We were almost half way and when we found out that there was an a electric pump. How annoying! When Dad arrived we were almost done re-pumping them but the guitars were still going flat. Our big pump was great at the guitars. Yay, they were all pumped up!

At 4:15pm I had to go back home and get ready for the concert.
1 hour of community service done!

When we got to the concert I helped Dad and Mum set up and went off to the tattoo stall with Holly M. Heaps of people bought tattoos. Once I accidentally forgot take off the shiny plastic and the tattoo would come off. I wonder why? But eventually Holly and I became more skilled. We could do it about 1 minute. I estimate that we earned about $16 dollars.

I had a great night hanging with my friends. My favourite activity was the zorb balls. Emma, Rebecca and I went on them at the same time and were doing rolle-polles.
The night went really well and I cant wait to go to the next Summer Sounds Concert! (I'll be yr 9)

1 comment:

  1. Pleased you had a good night Holly, you were a great help setting up. Look forward to taking you next year.

    ReplyDelete