Thursday, May 19, 2016

Hockey

On Saturday the 14th of May we played at Marist. Our game was against Hornby.
At the start Janelle and Dan asked me if I wanted to play as a half. I normally play as right inner but being a half seemed like something different so I said yes.

Whistle . . . . . . . . . .    Game started! Abby passed back yo Haylley and Haylley smacked it down the field. Their ball. The dribbled it down the field and passed it to a player on our circle. I ran over to them, squared my shoulders, lowered my stick to the ground and charged right into them. The impact ran up my stick. They stepped back trying to get possession of the ball. I got the ball and smacked it to the side of the field.

By half time we were one goal up, 1-0. If we won this game, it would be our first game we won!

In the next half they started with the ball. Haylley ran out trying to intercept their first pass. No luck, but as the person with started to dribble towards our goal Phoebe was ready. She tackled hard and came out with the ball. Passing it to Haylley. Haylley dribbled through all their players, strikes at goal, it rebounded off the goalies pads.

In the end of the game it was 1 all , not a win for us but maybe next we will come off in the lead!

2 comments:

  1. Hokey sounds quite fun better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention that you got player of the day. Great to see you in a new position.

    ReplyDelete