Friday, May 27, 2016

School: Cross country

Bang!
Sprinting off, my heart was leaping out of my chest. Would I beat Piper or not? The question was racing round head. I was quite surprised as I was running beside Holly, suddenly Holly sped up. Falling a little behind her.  After completing the first lap I was well ahead of everyone except Holly. As the hill came nearer and nearer I started to wish that I hard practised more. Taking short, sharp strides, I power up the rise. With every step I am closer to the finish. As I reach the top of the hill all I  can see is a big paddock. I run down the first straight. Round the far corner. Round the next. Suddenly I am aproching the hill, this I get to run down down it! As I fly down the hill, picking up momentum, I trip, catching myself before I would eventually tumble to the bottom of the hill. When I start the long, sheltered forest. This is my favourite part of the run! Running out of the forest, round the next lap. The finish line is in sight. I sprint. My legs are going on fast forward. There's no stopping. Done! I had finished in 2nd place!

2 comments:

  1. Great detail Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice running Holly. I like how you have used shorter sentences for effect. Next time please proofread and organise your writing into paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete